Saturday, 31 August 2013


Hi There

You are probably already aware that I am in the process of creating three diagnostic tools for the itafe project. They will flow into the taster course and the taster courses will flow into them. They will assist both learners and staff to consider the learner’s readiness to start itafe.

 

Most of what is already on the net in the Literacy, Numeracy and particularly the Computer Literacy free domain is quite boring, tick a box or score yourself against 1-5.

I’m wanting to make our itafe tools more creative, fun and engaging. I expect that all of us believe that learning should be fun and engaging. My challenge is how do I make quizzes (Tests L) fun and non threatening?

 

For the computer tool I have used the idea of Jeopardy or Quiz boxes. The game has 48 interactive computer use questions in categories. Learners can do them all or just selected categories and get feedback.

 

For the Numeracy tool I have approximately 5O questions of increasing difficulty. As soon as a learner gets 5 questions incorrect they will reach the end of their quiz and have some positive feedback and study options. I  don’t want these learners to know how many question they had undone as this might be discouraging. So my game format can’t show how many questions there are from the start.

What creative ideas do people have that I could adopt for the game format? It can be 2D or 3D but need to appeal to most learners.

I also have a Reading and Listening Tool but with far fewer questions. I could maybe use a scrabble board but I’m again open to lots of suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.