Hi All
A few of my SME colleagues were discussing our VOOC's yesterday and in particular our sessions. Could we have discussion/clarification: Are the sessions designed to introduce a topic and then point the learners to the resources - YouTube clip/Glogster/webpage or is the learner required to view the information before participating in the session? Any feedback would be great. Thanks Nicholle
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy view of the VOOCS would be that they would follow a similar learning thread that you would follow if you were working with students face to face.
ReplyDeleteHOWEVER, having said that, there will be differences. You might ask learners to review a You Tube clip or some other resource beforehand then use the VOOC to foster the discussion and collaboration about that learning theme. THis could be in the form of problem solving or debate (with people taking alternate points of view) or whatever..... The emphasis is on collaboration and cooperative learning, so you would be facilitating this process.
Perhaps we should come up with some concrete examples of how this might play out? But I'm keen to hear other people's points of view..
Of course you would also be answering questions as well and interacting with the students as a facilitator of the learning - not the sage on the stage...
Lois
I think I am now feeling a little confused about the VOOC's. Is there any chance Louise we could have a quick connect session about this with some more specifics. I met this week with a small group of NBNer's and we had some confusion about how they would be used and the practical side of their implementation. I am struggling a little with getting my head around this part of the process as I can't work out how this will be done with rolling enrolments?? Does that make sense?
ReplyDeleteIs there a reason why a VOOC might only have 4 sessions? From currently teaching online some of our units of competence would definitely require more than 4 sessions.
ReplyDeleteSo can I clarify Louise that we are planning 4 VOOC's for each of our 15 certificate III units, and 18 diploma units- therefore 132 VOOC's in total between us?
ReplyDeleteIs my perception correct in assuming that the 4 VOOC's per unit, are like having 4 workshops per unit, and this is where we would endenvour to get our main points across in relation to our rubrics?